The desired outcome of cosmetic dentistry is clean , white, straight teeth that” fit “in your face. Having a great smile boosts self confidence and leads to improved success in social interactions and in business.
What spoils a smile?
- Broken and discoloured teeth
- Crooked teeth
- Visible decay
- Large visible fillings
- Gummy smile
- Red bleeding gums
Solutions we can provide
- Professional tooth cleaning
- Professional tooth whitening (safe and effective)
- Selective adhesive bonding to alter tooth shape and colour
- Laser gum lift to resolve a gummy smile
- A short course of orthodontics to align teeth using invisible brackets.
- Tooth veneers
- Natural coloured fillings and crowns
- Dental implants to close gaps
- Correction of gummy smiles using a combination of laser surgery and use of Botulinum toxin (the same medication used to remove wrinkles).
At PLDO we can provide an integrated solution, selecting therapies from the above list to suit the individual needs of each patient.
Actual patients treated by Dr Stock
The goal in orthodontics is to create an attractive smile that looks right in the persons face.
Technical details such as straightening the teeth, good tooth meshing in harmony with the jaw joints and muscles and no tipped over teeth are all elements of a skilled dentist’s orthodontic post-treatment result. To achieve this, a thorough diagnostic phase is needed to work out the best way to achieve an ideal outcome. Issues such as skeletal resistance to tooth movement (i.e.your bones are not in an ideal position) can be predicted by computer modelling called a Visual Treatment Objective. The alternatives to avoid tipped back teeth and a gummy smile can be discussed before we start treatment.
In treatment, we use various appliances depending on the problems present. Early age treatment for skeletal problems is often indicated to avoid the need for facial surgery in later life. Sleep disorders are also being linked to poor facial harmony. We can help with this.
We use the Progressive Orthodontics IP system of braces. This is possibly the most advanced system in use today which we think gives better outcomes and faster treatment times.
PowerProx Six Month Braces is a treatment method new to Australia. It is suited to an adult/non growing patients who are unhappy with their smile. It is quicker and cheaper than conventional orthodontics. It is an alternative to expensive tooth veneering and less damaging to your teeth long term. It is quicker and more accurate than Invisalign at a fraction of the cost. Adults tend to look down this path to correct small relapses of past orthodontic treatment, to provide corrective treatment prior to other dental treatment and another reason is to have treatment that the patient wished that they could’ve has as a child. Call us for a free consultation.
Dr. Karine Costa Lima is a General Dentist and will eventually take over Dr Stock’s orthodontic cases when he retires.
GP orthodontics offers the advantage that one dentist can treat difficult cases, aligning the teeth, doing the root canals, doing the crowns and replacing missing teeth all in one location.
Annual update courses are attended by Dr Karine and Dr Stock to ensure that knowledge is kept current.
- Myofunctional therapy (No Braces method)
- Sequential Aligners ( invisible braces)
- Lingual Braces (behind the teeth)
- Functional Appliances (growth modification)
- Braces using the POS IP appliance (a very advanced system)
- Straight teeth in 6 months (a.k.a. a rapid smile) alignment using tooth coloured brackets
- Skeletal anchorage for difficult cases
What is Laser Dentistry?
We use two types of Laser technology for improved outcomes and faster healing times.
Soft Tissue Laser
We use a Diode Laser which is capable of creating precision cuts to the gum and other soft tissues, whilst eliminating bleeding at the site and reducing the healing time for the patient.
Low Level Laser Therapy or LLLT
Dr Stock uses this low intensity light that penetrates deeply into the tissue, without heating or hurting the skin, which activates the body’s natural healing mechanism to self heal and overcome pain.
In our clinic we use laser for:
- Difficult gum problems to reduce the need for gum flap surgery
- Treatment of gum disease
- Fractured tooth repair ( crown lengthening procedures)
- Gummy smile surgery
- Improved root canal cleaning and disinfection results.
- Faster healing times with the use of LLLT
It is a very useful tool to make dentistry easier for both patient and dentist. It takes fewer & easier visits to get the job done!
With laser we produce better outcomes.